Welcome to CoachCarson.com! I’m Chad Carson (aka Coach).
This site is about using real estate investing to retire early, become financially independent, and do what matters in life. I do my best to simplify the world of real estate investing so that you can apply it to your life, whether you’re brand new or a more experienced investor.
Just think of me like your personal old-school coach drawing plays on a blackboard!
Here’s a quick summary about me. You can find more details on my about page. I began investing in real estate at 23 years old right after college. With no attachments or family obligations at that time, I had the advantage of having little to lose. It was sort of like a baby learning to walk whose diaper is 6 inches from the floor. Failing didn’t hurt much while I learned!
But I also had the disadvantage of ZERO knowledge of real estate, finance, or business. I studied Biology and German in college. I could tell you the species of tree in the yard (in German), but I had never even owned a home before I bought my first investment!
The point? I had to learn everything about real estate investing and business from scratch. And if you’re an enthusiastic learner like I was, you can too.
That’s why I created this site.
Best Articles by Category
You can start here by exploring my most popular articles by category.
Getting Started With Real Estate Investing
- The Free and Clear Real Estate Plan
- The Best Real Estate Investing Strategy
- The 35 Best Niches For Real Estate Investing (& How to Choose Yours)
- Building Wealth One House at a Time
Real Estate Financing
- Is Debt Dumb in Real Estate Investing? Here’s My Take
- How To Use Smart Leverage in Real Estate Investing
- Creative Financing: 5 Outside-the-Box Tools Savvy Investors Use to Build Wealth
Deal Analysis (How to Run the Numbers)
- How to Calculate Rental Property Cash Flow (A Comprehensive Guide)
- The Two Rules of a Real Estate Deal Maker
- The 2% and 1% Rules – Instant Analysis For Real Estate Investments
- The 50% Rule – A Shortcut to Save You Time & to Avoid Negative Cash Flow
Real Estate Case Studies
- $100,000 Per Year Rental Income
- Financial Independence Using Real Estate Investing
- 167% Rental Appreciation in 8 Years
Mindset & Wealth Strategies
- Simplicity: An Uncommon Path to Freedom
- How to Retire Rich With Embarrassing Old Cars and Ugly Houses
- Mini-Retirement: How to Retire Before You’re Ready
Personal Productivity & Growth
- Anti-Time Management – The 80:20 Principle and Parkinson’s Law
- The Annual Review: The #1 Habit of Exceptional People
- How to Reduce Worry, Stress, & Anxiety: The Circles of Concern & Influence
Connect With Me
Free Newsletter. In order to make sure you don’t miss my newest blog posts, why not subscribe to my newsletter? It’s fast, easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time. Best of all, I give you my Real Estate Investor Toolkit when you subscribe. (Click here to find out more.)
My Article Archives
To see a full chronological list (newest to oldest) of all the posts I’ve ever written here on CoachCarson.com, visit the archive page.
You can also view an archive for each of my main article categories:
- Getting Started
- Landlording & Rentals
- Finding Good Deals
- Real Estate Financing
- Deal Analysis
- Case Studies
- Business Management
- Early Retirement
- Personal Productivity & Growth
- Travel & Life
- Book Summaries
- Friday Fab Five
Monthly Contributor at BiggerPockets.com
I am a fan and monthly blog contributor at BiggerPockets.com (BP), the largest community of real estate investors online.
You can see all of my BP articles at my author page.
I have been a guest twice on the BP Podcast with Joshua Dorkin and Brandon Turner:
- Ep #84 – Getting Started With Creative Financing & Designing Your Ideal Lifestyle
- Ep #141 – 7 Ways to Find Incredible Real Estate Deals
Other Guest Posts and Podcast Interviews:
I occasionally guest post on other sites and get interviewed for podcasts.
- The Incredible Tax Benefits of Real Estate Investing – MadFientist.com
- Climbing a Different Path to Financial Independence Using Real Estate – EattheFinancialElephant.com
- Early Retirement Using Real Estate (the Real Story) – 1500days.com
- The Simple Way to Retire Early With Real Estate – MadFientist.com – Brandon (aka The Mad Fientist)_
- Easy Seller Financing – AffordableRealEstateInvestments.com – Lisa Phillips
- Financial Independence With Real Estate Starting With No Money – Radical Personal Finance – Joshua Sheets
- How to Stay Local and Dominate – Best Ever Real Estate Investing Advice – Joe Fairless
- Retiring in Your 30’s From Rental Properties – InvestFourMore – Mark Ferguson
- How to Put Systems in Place to Live the Life YOU Want – The Land Geek – Mark Podolsky
- How to Become Financially Independent By Age 37 – The Well Kept Wallet – Deacon Hayes
My Products and Services
While the content on my blog is all free, I do offer a number of commercial products and services. Be sure to check out my Classes (coming soon) and my Coaching sections.
A Word about Affiliates
I recommend books, tools, and other resources from time to time using links within my articles. In some cases these links are affiliate links. This means that if you click through and purchase, my company will receive a commission on the sale. These commissions help pay the bills around here (and avoid the need for spammy ads). But keep in mind that I only recommend a product or service if I’ve used it and personally believe in it. And I’ll recommend something that’s good whether it has an affiliate link or not. My first priority is helping you, my reader, to learn and improve.